No, not that Alamo, the Alamo movie theater that is apparently a Texas staple. We actually ventured out of our little bubble last night and went to check out the new Will Ferrell flick, Step Brothers last night. And because I'm lame and never have a camera, words will have to suffice - there aren't even decent pictures to steal from the web.
While the movie was your typical Will Ferrell fare, this is not the point. The Alamo is awesome, I don't know why this concept is not more popular. You enter the theater, find a seat, and write down your food and drink order. A server comes by, takes your order and you have food and drinks while you watch a movie. Genius, I say. The extensive menu is pretty decent and includes a huge beer/wine selection - bonus. I had the Turkey & Red Pepper Sub, Steven ordered the Grilled Chicken Club, and we shared a pitcher of Hefeweizen.
Although there is a steady stream of servers running around during the movie, it wasn't overly obnoxious in my opinion. Steven had mentioned, however, that he wouldn't want to watch a serious movie at the Alamo since he was distracted. I guess we won't be seeing many serious movies in the near future?
Monday, July 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
That is so freaking cool. I think when you come back to California you and S. should plan on opening one of these in OC... :)
It's like The ArcLight of Texas! :)
that sounds awesome. pics next time please. 'kay thanks.
I am a fan of any place that will serve me food and booze.
This sounds like my kind of place!
I have to agree with Steven. It'd probably annoy me a little if I'm about to cry at a sappy scene and a waiter walks by with a tray of food.
I believe my brother told me about places like this. We went to a similar place on our honeymoon, but that was in Oregon.
Glad you're having a bit of fun! :)
Nothing about someone bringing me food can annoy me.
yum.
See, the Bible Belt isn't so bad. I wonder if there's an Alamo in Dallas. Something fun to do when we visit in-law FGDs. Very bad assicle.
That sounds really neat! If there's an age limit (i.e. 18+ only) it would be the perfect movie theater!
i'm always good with places where i can sit on my fat ass and wait to be served.
They had a place like that in Minneapolis too, but I never went! Dang!! Sounds like a great place/concept.
Post a Comment