Friday, December 10, 2010

It's a...

BOY!

I am, how shall I say this politely, a little shocked. It's been two days and I'm still absorbing the news that I'm going to have a son. Gulp. I think I always envisioned having a little girl - you know, someone I can dress up, have tea parties with, go shopping with and whatnot. And now I have to imagine baseball games (please God no), Tonka trucks, and lots and lots of dirt. Yeah, I know there are some boys who might like tea parties and some girls who like to play with trucks, but I feel like stereotyping at the moment. Let me be.

There are some positives to having a boy: Less drama. - let's face it, us girls like us some drama. Boys are (hopefully) cheaper - there are only so many ways you can dress a boy. Shirt, pants, shorts. Done. There's no option for dresses, skirts, tank tops, hair accessories, and 47389472 different kinds of shoes. And my personal favorite (someone told me this so I can't take credit), with a boy, you only have to worry about one penis. With a girl, you have to worry about allllllllll of the penises. :/

We're back to the drawing board with names, we were 99.99% set on a girl's name but have always gone back and forth with a boy name. We've come up with a few so we'll see if any pan out. And no, I won't be sharing until he arrives as I don't want any opinions either way.

On another note, I love my OB/GYN - he definitely knows what he's doing as evidenced by the sonogram photo. And baby is not shy:


Yep, it's definitely a boy. Gulp.

7 comments:

weezermonkey said...

Boys rule!

Natasha said...

awww... congrats! :)

venn said...

Ssinca! Congratulations on your baby boy. So excited for you. I had a little girl just 5 weeks ago. Enjoy your pregnancy and milk all the attention you can get. People are so nice to pregnant women. And sleep now. (Oh, glorious sleep, how I miss thee and yearn for thy return.) Glad to see you back in blogland!

Yahpee said...

You sound in a better space already. :-)

You're going to be an awesome momma.

Winnie said...

Awwww, congratulations!

amber said...

Aw, you're gonna do great with a boy S! So excited for you guys! :)

Feminist Gold Digger said...

Congrats!!