Sunday, December 5, 2010

EDD 5/26

:: tap, tap::

Is this thing still on? I've probably lost all 3 of my readers since I haven't updated this blog in, oh, 434378294798 years. Alas, life has been pretty uneventful lately - no fun travel excursions (unless you count Tulsa, OK or Lexington, KY as "fun" for work - I certainly don't) and although I've been cooking here and there, nothing has been worth blogging. We've just been chugging along in good ol' Texas.

That being said, life for us will be changing come the end of May/beginning of June because of this little guy or ::crossing my fingers:: girl:


I promise the baby has arms and legs - the photo just makes it look like he/she doesn't. :/ Baby was moving around like crazy, probably due to the (doctor-approved) cup of coffee I'd had earlier that morning.

I actually found out I was pregnant while on a work trip to Scottsdale - I knew I could test on a certain day so I brought about 10 tests with me. OCD much? Hell yes. I remember waking up around 3:30am due to the time change, peed on the stick, and about freaked my freak when I saw that second line - and then proceeded to take a test everyday in AZ until I ran out. The worst part was it was waaaaaaay too early to call Steven about it, so I had to keep it to myself for a few hours. Torture! I finally called and romantically (ha) told him over the phone. There was no way I was going to wait to test until the weekend when I was actually home, I don't have the patience for that.

We decided since we were going back to CA for Thanksgiving, it would be a good time to tell our families then. Plus, I'd be over 13 weeks at that point which would put me in the second trimester. The look on my mom's face was absolutely priceless and was worth waiting those agonizing 13 weeks! I told my mom, dad, and sister that I had a cool photo to show them - I pulled out the ultrasound photo and my mom just said, "what? no!" I think we truly shocked everyone since no one knew we'd even been trying. Steven's family was in Colorado for Thanksgiving so we told them over Skype instead of in person - not quite the same, but better than over the phone.

We will hopefully find out if we're having a boy or girl in a few days. And the baby purchasing is in full-effect - I found a great deal on a stroller (a Phil & Ted's Explorer)and a friend was selling some baby stuff that I didn't want to pass up. I think it's all downhill from here, right?

It's been a process to get where we are - quite a few doctor's appointments, tests, and meds, but I know we've been really, really lucky since others have gone through so much more.

Oh, and I'll try to update this thing more often - now that we have some interesting things going on!

5 comments:

weezermonkey said...

Congratulations! :)

Yahpee said...

Well, you know how freaking happy I am for you already.

I'm keeping all fingers and toes crossed for team pink :-)

Nanette said...

So excited for ya!

The OC Stringhams said...

Wow! I am so happy you're blogging again! I loved reading your story and hearing you talk about your mama's reaction. Oh... and a boy!!!!! Yeah! They are so fun!

Feminist Gold Digger said...

So cute. Your parents must be thrilled!