Sunday, December 2, 2007

cheese!

we made cheese fondue last night - so good! and it really is one of the easiest meals to prepare. I promise. the most difficult part is grating the cheese and cutting up the different things to dip. we always make the classic cheese fondue, I don't have the heart to make the funky ones, it just doesn't seem right to stray.


















  • grate cheese, I used comté and gruyère last night. you can also use emmenthaler as well. all of the "fancy" cheeses are available at trader joe's. generally, it's 1/2 lb of cheese per person...definitely not diet-friendly
  • sprinkle 1-2 teaspoons of cornstarch over cheese. this prevents the cheese from separating once melted
  • rub the inside of the fondue pot with garlic and discard
  • bring 1 cup of white wine to boil
  • add cheese to wine, stir, and voila!

I bought some good artisan bread to dip, as well as some tomatoes, prosciutto, granny smith apples, and broccoli. you can basically dip whatever you want.

once again, the ghetto bowls/plates

3 comments:

weezermonkey said...

This looks awesome! Fck diet-friendly!

amber said...

yummy! i've been toying around with getting a fondue pot as i think it would be a fun dinner for weekend nights at home. my parents used to do this as their friday night dinner when they were first married. funny how things come back around like that ;)

Yahpee said...

I puffy heart cheese. Fondue cheese... even better.